Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Why?

Space Tragic.

This is the term - so aptly used in Australia - which conveys its meaning without the need for any subsequent definition. You know if you are a space tragic.

And yet, the seemingly simple question: why? or, perhaps more elaborately:

  • why am I a "space cynic"?

  • why do i bother with the alt.space community if I am so cynical?

  • why do i feel the need to "attack" other space project ideas?

  • (the list goes on)


actually doesn't have a simple answer.

There are a number of reasons why I'm both passionate about space and at the same time cynical about it. Those who know me, or have had the misfortune of seeing me speak at various space conferences around the world, already have a pretty good idea of my views on space development, and the seemingly unending parade of space projects that are forever being "unveiled" to the public and investor communities.

I suppose the true answer will become clearer over time as i post to this blog.

Perhaps some of you will find it of interest - many of you may disagree with some or all of what I write, which is certainly your right. And maybe some of you will benefit from the discussions and postings to this blog - either through making/changing a career choice, or perhaps rethinking an investment decision - in which case I believe i will have achieved my goal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Dunbar said...

There is a place for cheerleaders and cynics. Glad to see your blog.

Sunday, April 30, 2006 6:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home